Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:13:16 +0800
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fw: Silly crackers... NT is for kids... - DOH!

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 01:47:05AM -0500, default - Subscriptions wrote:
> As it turns out, I did a bit more research at http://www.eeye.com , and
> found that this is the CODE RED worm!
> Wow! This is one mean wormy, well... guess I can at least be relieved that
> there aren't 5 billion crackers on my I.P. block :)

Since you seem to be somewhat clue challenged, I thought it might be
worthwhile to point out that a couple months ago a bug was discovered in
the FreeBSD telnetd service that allows any random person on the Internet
to walk in and get root access to your server.

Just in case you have telnetd running and hadn't heard about this.

There's a big notice at the top of http://www.freebsd.org to get you
started.

	-Michael Robinson