Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:49:35 +0200
From:      lists@khimich.com
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.9 Release ipfw2 - OUCH using limit - reboots

Hello freebsd,

Tuesday, January 13, 2004, 8:32:14 AM, you wrote:

fuc> Has anyone seen a problem using 4.9 release with IPFW2 using limit
fuc> causing crashes/reboots and 'OUCH! cannot remove rule, count 65535'
fuc> in the logfile? Or, does anyone see a problem with my logic.

fuc> sample use of limit seeming to cause the problem:
fuc> ipfw -q add 00182 allow log logamount 1000 tcp from any to 216.XX.XX.6 setup limit src-addr 3 in via xl1

I can confirm the same on 4.9 with FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE. My sysctl
settings with dyn_buckets was default. Machine reboots on high amount
of traffic.

--
Best regards,
 lists                            mailto:lists@khimich.com