Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:05:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, junkmale@xtra.co.nz, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Subject:   Re: User Friendly has been shut down

On 01-Apr-99 Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 1999 at 03:13:42PM +0930, a little birdie told me
> that Greg Lehey remarked
>>
>> Sheesh.  I wonder who that was.
>>
>> Somebody should mirror it way away from the USA.
>
> Indeed.
> Of course, the part of me which relies on UF for my continued sanity is
> screaming 'LOOK WHAT DAY IT IS'...

It's not April 1 where the server is (and I'm quite certain Illiad lives
around here (in Vancouver, BC), too).  There was something about this a few
weeks ago so unless this was an elaborate joke, and Illiad wanted to catch the
EST crowd, I don't doubt the validity.

Joining #userfriendly on Undernet yields this topic, though:
--> [topic(#userfriendly)] "There's evidence either way - don't freak out and
   make assumptions, please"

---
Chris Piazza    Abbotsford, BC, Canada
           cpiazza@home.net