Date:      26 Oct 2002 22:47:48 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        "D. Penev" <dpenev@mail.bg>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPFW Rules for samba PDC? [WAS: samba PDC for WIN2K clients?]

--=-l7FRuf52kY8XIlHVW4Ve

Hi,
  Thanks for the reply. I should mention that I've made some progress
with my efforts to set up a samba PDC for my Win2K clients.

First of all I am now able to successfully complete all tests in the
recommended "DIAGNOSTICS.TXT" at
http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/DIAGNOSIS.txt, except:-

test 8: On the PC type the command "net view \\BIGSERVER"

Specifically, I am only able to complete this test by using the IP Addr
of the samba server in place of its name. Likewise for test 9 that
follows.

Recapping, I *am* able to serve share dirs to *NIX clients as well as
the Win2K boxes, with the caveat that for the Windows boxes, I have to
use the IP Addr of the samba server. This is not an issue for other
(*NIX) client hosts.

Needless to say, I am not as yet able to have the Win2K boxes join the
domain as described in Chapter 9. (How to Configure Samba 2.2 as a
Primary Domain Controller - 9.4.3. Joining the Client to the Domain.4.3.
Joining the Client to the Domain). I still get the MS error when I click
"OK" after entering the domain as defined in smb.conf.

Hope this presents somewhat a clearer description of the current status
here. Do get back to if you would require more information in assisting
me in resolving this.

Thanks

--=20
Stacey Roberts