Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:06:06 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?SmVhbi1Tw6liYXN0aWVuIFDDqWRyb24=?= <dumbbell@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KMS sad story

--M9UV6nIASvVjhFx0TwHSWa2fdrEIGeOkA

On 21.01.2014 21:55, Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:
> it's already unset:
>=20
> debug.debugger_on_panic: 0
> debug.trace_on_panic: 1
>=20
> how long should I wait after hang to press reset? I have 8GB of memory

The computer should reboot once the crash dump is written. But in your
case, I don't think there's a panic.

> BTW, should I remove KDB/DDB from my kernel config to obtain crash dump=
s?

No, keep them.

In the dmesg you provided, I see that your card is properly initialized.

However, you're using the older X.Org stack, based on your installed
packages list:
  libdrm-2.4.17_1
  xf86-video-ati-6.14.6_1
  xorg-server-1.7.7_11,1

To install the newer stack, you must set the following variables in your
/etc/make.conf:
  WITH_NEW_XORG=3Dyes
  WITH_GALLIUM=3Dyes

Then, update your installed ports (eg. portmaster -a). After the update,
you have to rebuild xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-mouse (maybe
xf86-video-vesa too), so that they match the installed X.Org server.

The full procedure is described on the wiki:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics#Installing_KMS_Ports

--=20
Jean-S=C3=A9bastien P=C3=A9dron