Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ed Alley <alley1@llnl.gov>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        Ed Alley <alley1@llnl.gov>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why panic when mounting bad CD?

I guess the way to find out is to panic the kernel and
get it to coredump. I've never done it deliberately
before. If anyone reading this knows how to panic
the kernel without fouling up my filesystem I'd like
to hear it; it would be interesting to find out just
what is causing the panic, maybe the fix is simple.

			Ed