Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 2002 01:37:33 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Gray Chiron <reconnect@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel does not link

Dear Gray,

GC> Hello!

GC> May I count on your help? I am a newbie and today I have tried to
GC> compile a kernel of my FreeBSD 4.1.1 for the first time. And of course
GC> something nasty happened.

GC> make depend and make were OK. But make install said this:

GC> # make install
GC> linking kernel
GC> usb_ethersubr.o: In function `usbintr':
GC> usb_ethersubr.o(.text+0x31): undefined reference to `ether_input'
GC> *** Error code 1
GC> #

GC> How can I fix it? The problem seems very difficult to me :( Please, I
GC> need help!

GC> GC.

GC> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

I don't know the full solution, but..

Best thing to do in these situation is the wait a couple of days.
Update your sources (using RELEND_4_1) and try again.

(If this work then you could choice to update you world to 4.6, but i
suggest going to 4.5 first, due to the new ata driver.)

--
Best regards,
Alex

The FreeBSD handbook
www.freebsd.org/handbook

How to get best results from the FreeBSD- questions mailing list
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/index.html

Alternative:
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html