Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:07:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        brett@lariat.org
Cc:        unknown@riverstyx.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: poor ethernet performance?

> currently torn between FreeBSD and OpenBSD as a basis
> for that package.  OpenBSD is missing a lot of things
> FreeBSD has got, but frankly, they're worried about the
> FreeBSD development team's antipathy toward evangelism.
>
> I'm rooting for FreeBSD as the final choice. So, I'm really
> hoping that the FreeBSD team will be willing to accept,
> if grudgingly, a more evangelistic approach to promoting
> the OS by third parties.

Brett,

	if you are looking to create a commercial entity centered on
FreeBSD, you might want to build good relations with the FreeBSD
folks.  that would include not taking pot shots at people in the
mailing lists as either direct or parenthetical remarks.

	its a lot easier to work with people that are favorably
disposed to you than those that have been alienated from you.

	i would imagine that FreeBSD would be very supportive of your
efforts, but that's just a guess.

jmb