Date:      Tue, 04 May 2004 21:59:01 -0400
From:      David Sze <dsze@alumni.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        Mechael Black <mblack@panaso.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell 1750, mpt0/multiple disks + boot failure

At 05:17 PM 04/05/2004 -0700, Mechael Black wrote this to All:
>Is there any fix or work around to using multiple SCSI disks in a 1750? I
>ran across the thread below dated Dec/2003 - but there does not appear to
>have been much followup.
>
>http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-scsi/2003-December/000871.html
>
>Would appreciate any input.

If there was one, I don't think it was ever made public.  I ran into the
same problem at work with a business partner, and the "resolution" was to
install RedHat.

FWIW, the problem does seem to be limited to mpt with IBM disks.  We have
some customers successfully using mpt with Fujitsu, Seagate, and Maxtor disks.