Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:49:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikko_Ty=F6l=E4j=E4rvi?= <mbsd@pacbell.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftpd.conf

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Ms Carlsson wrote:

> i do not have one, why waste your time to answer me if you dont even can
> help me, this is not just a waste of your time it is waste of mine too.
>
> so is here anybody serious here, i need a working example of ftpd.conf to
> the ftp daemon /usr/libexec/ftpd

Nope, at least not anybody running FreeBSD.  The "ftpd.conf" file is
used by "lukempftd" (/usr/libexec/lukemftpd), an alternate ftp daemon
from NetBSD that has been sort-of-but-not-quite imported into FreeBSD.

Configuration of the stock ftpd is described in ftpd(8): it does not
use "ftpd.conf".  The lukem version of ftpd is described in lukemftpd(8).

Yes, it is confusing.

  $.02,
  /Mikko