Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 15:21:59 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely5.cicely.de>
To:        "J. Mallett" <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make(1) patch to ReadMakefile() to use realpath(3)

Why do people think that a realpath is always available?
What is wrong with just extending using pwd?
And maybe optionally stripping .. and . elements if wanted.
At least pwd doesn't break amd(8) pathnames.
It became nearly impossible to use amd(8) today just because of all that
realpath introduced breakage.

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de