Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 18:47:29 -0500
From:      amir@neuron.net (Amir Y. Rosenblatt)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Baraccuda BIOS and -current

I'm looking to move to the current -current once the Lite2 changes chill
out a bit more (right now I'm running -current from late august -- my tape
drive died and it took till now to replace the thing -- call me squeamish
for not wanting to 'make world' without being able to do a backup first :)
I think I recall having seen blurbs to the effect that to use the new
tagged command queueing and/or bounce buffering code my Seagate Baraccudas
need to have a fairly recent revision of the BIOS (certainly more recent
than the at least 1-year-old BIOS mine have now).  I was wondering if
someone could give me the skinny on this as well as suggestions on any way
to do such an upgrade that doesn't involve shipping my disks off to
Seagate for an indeterminate period of time.

Thanks in advance,

	-Amir

--
    / \              E Pluribus Unix.         | Amir Y. Rosenblatt
   /<@>\                                      | amir@neuron.net