Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 06:45:04 +0100
From:      Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu, michaelh@cet.co.jp, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cable modems

At 0:01 +0100 11/6/97, Terry Lambert wrote:
>[...]
>I suspect Europe and Australia to have universal high speed
>access *long* before the US, simple because you guys don't
>have a badly managed antiquated infrastructure that they are
>still trying to amortize over the remaining portion of their
>20 year accounting cycle.

You wouldn't want to sit here in the UK watching BT softpedal on commitment
to ISDN then. They've had the technology for years, but it still doesn't
cost in for small sites by quite a long way. I have a serious suspicion
that they've been hanging on for xDSL, because they have local copper most
everywhere and the cable cos don't.

>Bah Humbug!

Exactly. I wonder if that translates into Strine. :-)

--
Bob Bishop              (0118) 977 4017  international code +44 118
rb@gid.co.uk        fax (0118) 989 4254  between 0800 and 1800 UK