Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:26:38 +0200
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@alkar.net>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>,  mpd-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:   mpd-4.0rc1 released

Hi.

After long period of development I am glad to present you a first
candidate to the long waited and at last coming soon release of Mpd-4.0!
Next 2-3 weeks will be spent for testing and bug fixing, to make first
release of new brunch production stable in all possible ways. We will be
graceful for any bug reports you can submit.

Most significant features added in a last few months:
  - complete IPv6 support,
  - L2TP, TCP and UDP link types (re)implemented,
  - NAT,
  - WEB interface,
  - Deflate and Predictor-1 traffic compression,
  - DES traffic encryption,
  - HUGE amount of bug fixes, refactoring cases and performance
optimizations.

Complete change log of MPD4 branch you can find here:
http://mpd.sourceforge.net/doc/mpd5.html

You can download mpd in source form here:
, or install it via FreeBSD ports system.

To get all new features proposed by this release it is recommended to
upgrade your system to the FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE after 2007-01-28.

--
Alexander Motin mav@alkar.net
Optima Telecom