Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:34:10 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Clive Lin <clive@tongi.org>
Cc:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: awt app always abort when exit using hotspot vm under STABLE

>     Just would like to drop a note. On my box with uname below:
>
> > uname -av
> FreeBSD cartier.home 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #2: Tue Oct 29 21:34:11 CST 2002     root@cartier.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERI  i386
>
>     and malloc.conf symlink'd to aj, I can run every graphic enabled
> java app(let)s successfully. Even http://go.icq.com (which is a applet
> icq client) and vncviewer applet work without any glitch. If I rm
> /etc/malloc.conf, something like this happens immediately:

Is that 'aj' or 'AJ'?  Can you play with the options, and try 'A', or
possibly 'J'?  (I'm guessing you could try 'J' which should work.  If
not, then knowing which options works and which don't would certainly
help debugging.)

Also, running java_g in a debugger and giving a backtrace when it fails
core would help.

Nate