Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 11:38:55 +0100
From:      "Martin Husemann" <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
To:        "Armin Gruner" <ag@muc.de>, <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Win95 and connection to isdn4bsd on FreeBSD

> It looks like WIN95 is request an async-map of 0x000a0000 ?
>
> Now the question is: Did anyone succeed in connecting
> to a i4b server with Win95?

Sorry, didn't try it.

> Or, can Win95 be told that it should not use an async
> map over a sync HDLC connection.

The only relevant entries in the Microsoft Knowledgebase show that NT's RAS
doesn't use an asyncmap. Noone ever should use an asyncmap for sync
connections!

But: how did you configure the Windows 95 dial up connection? There are at
least two ways to do it: (1) you can use the infamous capi-to-modem
converter driver (the name of which I always forget, was it IModem?) or (2)
you can use the network driver delivered with you ISDN card. I've seen this
drivers at with AVM cards and USR cards.

If you do (1) the system thinks the connection is async, so the observed
behaviour is not that brain-dead. If you use (2) it knows about the sync
connection and should handle PPP options accordingly (the network card
driver talking to the ISDN card has to specify async/sync and bearer
capabilities to the PPP session API, so it will probably do the right
thing).

I always used (2) and never ran into a problem - but I didn't test it
against i4b, as I always replaced the Windows 95 ISDN access completely by a
router system running i4b ;-)

> Or, can I simply change the isppp.c-code to not send
> a REJ?

No.

Martin