Date:      Tue, 28 May 2002 14:26:40 -0600
From:      Irwan Hadi <irwanhadi@phxby.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Server won't boot after recompile the kernel with ipfw support

Dear All,

I just upgraded one of my FreeBSD server remotely from 4.3 current to
4.6 RC1 (I cvsup-ed from the freebsd-stable tree last night). The make
buildworld, and make installworld worked just fine, and the new kernel
configuration
compiled successfully. But why after I recompile the kernel for the
second time, with
options IPFIREWALL
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=10 according to
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/firewalls.html, the server can't be
ping-ed anymore ?
I did check the configuration using /usr/bin/config my-kernel, and it
worked just fine, and there was no error in the make depend, and make
stage.
Does anyone has ever got the same problem ? May I know it A.S.A.P,
because the server is a colocated one, and I need to give instructions
to the person who is going to "fix" the server.

Thanks