Date:      Wed, 01 Apr 2015 15:14:01 +0200
From:      Udo Rader <listudo@bestsolution.at>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: available hypervisors in FreeBSD

On 04/01/2015 01:43 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Bhyve only supports raw disk images.. I'ts quite early in it's
> developement life so some features may not
> be present yet.

thanks for your insights.

what you write about bhyve sounds quite good, so I'll give that a try as
well.

Raw disks are fine with us as we do not overprovision storage (at least
not yet).

I read that bhyve is now supported by libvirt as well [1], so that may
open a road for good manageability (with our existing external tooling).

https://libvirt.org/drvbhyve.html