Date:      Mon, 07 Nov 2005 12:25:32 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Miguel Mendez <mmendez@gmail.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wallpaper corruption in nautilus 2.12

--=-rmIFoYgY1ARCVeCwfsjE

Miguel Mendez p=ED=B9e v po 07. 11. 2005 v 12:14 +0100:
> > Screenshot says it all. Corruption of wallpaper, repeating of fragments
> > of the windows on the nautilus controlled screen estate. Also I see
> > short-term horizontal lines flashing over the screen when I type this
> > mail into the Evolution.
> >
> > Could this be cairo heading south? Do I have to have any special X
> > configuration now? I don't have direct rendering or 3D working here.
>=20
> Do you have the Render and Composite extensions enabled?

I had the X.org default, ie. RENDER on but no Composite.

I added Composite to the configuration manually and it seems to behaves
much better now. All the corruption is gone, expect the selection area
doesn't get cleared:

http://raven.oook.cz/nautilus-corruption2.png

Also the line flashes when typing in text are still present.

It's too bad Composite is not in default configuration, I think a lot of
clueless people like me will hit this.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

Geography is only physics slowed down, with a few trees stuck on it...
  -- Terry Pratchett

--=-rmIFoYgY1ARCVeCwfsjE
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-rmIFoYgY1ARCVeCwfsjE--