Date:      Sun, 08 Sep 2002 14:20:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        bms@spc.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA questions: mapping attribute and common memory?

In message: <20020908193956.GF3235@spc.org>
            Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org> writes:
: On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 01:16:33PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > I still don't understand why you need ISA routed interrupts.  What was
: > wrong with sharing a PCI one?  I had nothing but grief trying to make
:
: The Vaio Z600 muxes everything on IRQ 9. The PCMCIA device did not support
: IRQ 9. Windows 2000 was able to route IRQ 7 as an ISA function interrupt
: which allows it to support the device. FreeBSD did not; and I was in a
: hurry to get my code written.

What do you mean 'The PCMCIA device did not support IRQ 9'?  All
PCMCIA devices have only one interrupt line, so it has no way of
knowing if that interrupt is routed to IRQ 9 or 7 or anything else.
Sure, it might not be listed in the preferred IRQ list in the CIS, but
that's just a hint to configruation software, not what the hardware
can do.

I've not yet encountered a device that cared one whit about ISA vs PCI
interrupts...  This would be a first if it really is the case.

Warner