Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:48:09 -0500
From:      "Philip R. Moyer" <pmoyer@hyperon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with 4.0 build from source

I CVSupped the latest release to make sure my sources were current,
but I can't get it to build.  The problem is related to the crypto
support.  I know I'm just doing something stupid, but I can't
figure out what's wrong.

I'm following the procedure in the UPDATING file.  It's failing on step
2, "make buildworld".  At first, it would stop in tcpdump or ppp because
it couldn't find crypto header files (such as des.h or blowfish.h).   I
copied the latest header files from OpenSSL 0.9.5 and then copied them
into the /usr/obj tree after the buildworld started.  That got it past
the make depend.  Now when it tries to link ppp, it stops because it
can't link against -lcrypto.

I've set USA_RESIDENT to yes in /etc/make.conf.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Phil