Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2006 00:09:14 +0300
From:      Yar Tikhiy <yar@comp.chem.msu.su>
To:        "S.I" <piston@otel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipprecedence ?

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:10:40AM +0200, S.I wrote:
> Thanks for your reply i know this info from google.
> The situation is I have a router with many vlans and i want to change
> the ipprecedence for some networks as I don't want to check hosts in static table because
> this check is too slowly for ingoing ( 40000p/s ):) for other routers behind him.This example with setsockopt(2) may be is useing for local packets?I know some  kind high level switches or routers can doing that but are more expensive :).

Indeed, setsockopt(2) can only control the IP precedence of packets
generated by sockets opened locally, on this host.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the functionality offered, e.g., by cisco
routers:

	route-map XX
	match <access-list>
	set ip precedence XX

isn't in FreeBSD.  It can be implemented as a hack to ipfw or pf, but
there is no general framework ready for use.

When making the hack, don't forget to recompute the IP checksum after
modifying the IP precedence field.