Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:40:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "J. Westfall" <jimbo1@u.washington.edu>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anyone got mtv working?

i had a simular problem with it core dumping.  it turned out the linux
binary was being linked against both libc5 and libc6 which isnt good.  you
might try ldd mtv and see if yours is doing the same.  you might also make
sure you have mtv branded as a linux binary.  i was able to get mtvp
working after some hacking of the libs cause mine was linked against
both libc versions, but mtv doesnt work for me because stable in SMP mode
doesnt support one of the linux calls.  it has something to do with fork()
and sharing mem between the 2 processes, i dont really recall the exact
error off the top of my head.

good luck
jim