Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 07:39:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Alex Boisvert <alex@gel.usherb.ca>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   D-Link ethernet and Thinkpad

Hello nomads,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.6 on a Thinkpad 701C.   I use the PAO
(for 2.2.6) disk as a boot disk and it recognizes my ethernet PC-card
correctly:  it's a D-Link DE-650CT.

I would like to install from a server on my LAN.  The server's setup to
accept ftp connections and my 2.2.6 CDROM is available through the "ftp"
account.

The problem is that my laptop cannot connect/login into the server.  I
see the message "Login in ftp@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" and the "send" LED flashing
on the laptop's connection but the "receive" LED never flashes.  My
understanding is that both computer can't talk to either other.   I tried
doing a "ping" from the server to the laptop and it didn't work.

Are there any known install problems with the D-Link DE-650CT?

BTW, my pccard.conf configuration contains the 0x10 flags to avoid using
share memory (only programmed I/O).

Regards,
Alex Boisvert