Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:05:42 -0400
From:      Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: many cheap PC164 boards -- gret for NetBSD (fwd)

On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 02:59:19PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:26:25 -0400
>  "Koscielny, Wally" <Wally.Koscielny@gs.com> wrote:
>
>  > Since the special power supply is 100.00 I rather just spend the extra money
>  > and get a better board and a faster chip.
>
> ...except the PC164 has more memory bandwidth if you fill the SIMM
> slots than the PC164LX.  To me, the PC164 is a "better board" for that
> reason :-)

Not quite so notoriously buggy, either -- though that shouldn't be an issue
with a late-production 164LX board.

It occurs to me that there's quite a bit on these boards at
"http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/models.html#EB164-family Systems" --
there's text there which Ross and I wrote which pretty much delineates the
differences between all of the EB164-family OEM systems.