Date:      Tue, 03 Oct 2000 20:23:06 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: politeness

>> Depending on your luck, or lack of it, the core team may finally
>> have had it with freedom, liberty and equality in your particular
>> case, if you don't learn to control your emails style and quantity
>> pretty damn fast.
>
>More fascist control-speak?

A mere statement of facts.

Neither any single person, nor any single persons civil rights
will ever be more important than the FreeBSD project as such.

If suffcient many Well Known Developers complain to core asking
for Brett to be "banned or else...", he will be banned because his
net contribution to the project would rapidly go negative otherwise.

I personally think that Brett is one of the people who are a very
good argument for a 5 day waiting period before you can send an email.

But I will not vote for banning/filtering him because of that, nor
will I because my perception is that he is an alarmist sensationalist
who can't think a straight thought for 5 minutes.

I will vote to ban/filter him (or anybody else) to protect the
project and its resources the first instant it becomes necessary.

FreeBSD coreteam member | BSD since 4.3-tahoe