Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:15:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joseph Peterson <jay@qtm.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting SSH and other items for 4.0-RELEASE

news.qtm.net 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0: Mon Mar 20 22:50:22 GMT
2000     root@monster.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386
I'm still a little shaky on updating/upgrading BSD systems, I can admin
just fine but when it comes up a cvsup or OS upgrade I'm kinda scared
still (mainly because my employer gives me four live bxoes to run and
nothing to experiment with so I'm always playing with live filesystems)

I'm looking to get ssh working on our news server so I can shut off telnet
on that box, but one of the former admins killed /usr/ports when he
thought he was done and I can't seem to get ssh to install without
/usr/ports/Mk - when I try to add the ports from sysinstall it tells me it
can't find the 4.0-RELEASE on any ftp sites and when I stole the Mk dir
from another box here it said that the mk files were too new (or OS too
old is more like it)
What can I do to get ssh and other items to install? or how do I go about
doing a cvsup without killing my server and starting over? (btw I don't
have cvsup installed....)

---------------------------- System Administrator
      J Peterson           | Quantum Connections, LLC
      noc@qtm.net          | Your Full-Service Internet Provider
      888-926-4242	   |   ---> http://www.qtm.net <---

We the unwilling
Led by the unknowing
Are attempting to do everything with nothing
We have been doing so much with so little for so long
We are now capable of doing anything with nothing.