Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 15:24:55 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@neutron.neutron.org
Subject:   Re: max coolness laptop?

> Another thing he could do is get a recent -SNAP from releng22.freebsd.org
> and install with that, if the support has made it in.  (There's also
> -current there I think, that would work too.)  Of course, I was assuming
> one would install over the internet...hrmph.  BUT with one of these
> floppies I'd expect you could install from the 2.2.5 CD as well, so maybe
> it's not such a bad idea after all.

Actually, that's how I installed -current :-)  I took a recent
snapshot boot floppie (be sure to test the floppy out first
to see if it boots; since it's a snap it's not guaranteed
to work) from the 3.0 snapshots, and burned my own CD-ROM.
I ended up having to copy the files to a DOS partition
and installed from there.

It takes a little more work to install on a notebook, but
it's worth it :-)

> >I've really got to thank Nate and the Nomads (sounds like a
> >bad rock-group from the 60's) for notebook suppor.  Good
> >work guys!
>
> Nate plays a mean "Hotel California"....  :-)

Is it available on CD? ;-)

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org