Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:36:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@freedom.cybertouch.org>
To:        Mike Avery <mavery@mail.otherwhen.com>
Cc:        Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Certification...again

With all due respect, I totally disagree with Mike. I got to know the
system administrator for @home.com in Canada. He told me that with
certification like Sun for example, they would hire me up in a flash. He
asked me if FreeBSD has certification. I told him, not to my knowledge at
this time.

Mike it's quite possible (as I do not have the honor of knowing your
personally) that you have quite a bit of experience in the IT field and/or
you have a degree from a University. The degree could be in basket
weaving. However, it clearly says, Mike can sit on his tush and do what it
takes to get this piece of paper.

That in itself is worth a lot.

Lanny