Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:08:20 +0200 (West-Europa (zomertijd))
From:      Rogier Steehouder <r.j.s@gmx.net>
To:        Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [FBSD-Q] how to get IPv6 router advertisement to work?

Mail from Alex Zepeda, sent 17-06-2001:

> Jun 17 15:06:57 zippy rtadvd[975]: <ra_output> sendmsg on fxp0: Permission
> denied

At first glance this looks like firewall trouble. Do you have IPv6
firewall? (What does "ip6fw s" show?) If so, take a look at the
rc.firewall6 file. There are several kinds of packets that must be
let through for router advertisements to work (if I remember
correctly, the fe81::/16 en fe82::/16 link-local multicast address
ranges).

If you don't have an IPv6 firewall active, we'll have to think of
something else.

With kind regards, Rogier Steehouder

--
/ \               mailto:r.j.s@gmx.net               //  \