Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 19:40:58 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Verbose babble in if_fddisubr.c

As Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> >The author of `bootverbose' told me that it was a general flag when I
> >objected to using it for controlling the slice messages.

Ah, ISTR.

> So:  FDDI should have a sysctl:
>
> 	net.fddi.verbose
>
> or similar, possibly two different ones...

Overkill.  There's not much use in adding YASV for each printf in the
kernel.  (Yet Another Sysctl Variable)

I vote for adding a sysctl variable for bootverbose, so it can be
turned off later.  I would hide the printf's in question behind
bootverbose then.  (Heck, i didn't even remember an open PR for it,
but FDDI was never of my interest before...)

Anybody objecting against these changes?

--
cheers, J"org