Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:56:14 -0500
From:      mgruver@reveregroup.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Best way to block SMB ports?

I have had some intrusion attempts this weekend immediately after installing the
Samba port on FreeBSD from some punks in Germany, of all places (luckily they
left their userid and domain trying to login to FTP and I reported them to their
ISP, t-dialin.net).  However, I would like to block the SMB broadcasting through
my firewall (I have natd and the firewall daemons going).  Any suggestions on
the applicable firewall rules?

mgruver@reveregroup.com