Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 01:28:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Richard Lucas <rlucas@threeh.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Network problem?

If arp was hanging, it could be a DNS issue.  You might try arp -a -n when
you get things working again.  Problems with DNS on the client side can
often lead to connectivity issues where as server side DNS issues often
manifest themselves as performance problems.

Glad things are working for you again.

Joe Clarke