Date:      Mon, 02 Oct 2000 17:14:37 GMT
From:      Per Wigren <wigren@home.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with my very first port

Hi!

I'm attempting at xmess v0.37b7.1 as my first port as the
current version is v0.2 which is almost two years old...

The problem is that the filename is
ftp://ftp.aros.net/pub/users/gold/xmame-0.37b7.1-with-xmess-UNOFFICIAL.tar.bz2

I have no ftp/webspace where I can put a 5MB file so can
this please be put on the main site with the filename
xmess-0.37b7.1.tar.bz2 or something?

I want to become an active committer so I'd love to get some
space of my own at freefall.... ;-)

Another question: xmess and xmame is in the very same
sourcefile so do we really need to have two copies of the
very same file? You specify TARGET=mess or TARGET=mame in
the Makefile to specify which one to build...

Best regards
Per Wigren