Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 12:11:51 -0500
From:      "Mike Dousette" <dousette@usit.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   upgrading

I have a quick question that I couldn't find an answer for on you all's
website.  I'd like to run FreeBSD on my home PC, as I prefer the Unix
environment.  I was wondering though, how easy will it be to upgrade from
the 2.2.6 release when the 3.0 release is released?  Will just installing
the packages over what is already there be sufficient, or is a
wipe-and-reload necessary?  Would a wipe-and-reload be necessary if I were
going from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6?

Thanks,
David Dousette
dousette@usit.net