Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:45:53 -0400
From:      Michael Joyner <mjoyner2@hq.dyns.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting some daemons out of the base system

Quoting dslb@tiscali.dk:

Because people like me DEPEND on certain options as part of the base system.
Sendmail is just one of those many options.

Besides which, asking to have sendmail removed is asking to much. (IMHO)
Whereas having an option to not have installed as part of the base system
seems more digestable. :)

> br
> socketd

FreeBSD System Administrator