Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:46:57 +0300 (EEST)
From:      priit@cc.ttu.ee
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: libarchive and MAC labels

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013, Robert Watson wrote:

> I'd also like to see this go back into libarchive; I suspect many people
> would find this useful.

Thank you for the feedback.

I've already submitted the patch to libarchive. If anybody would like to
view the changes the diff can be seen at:

https://github.com/libarchive/libarchive/pull/42/files

It remains quite basic so I'm open to suggestions for improvement. The
question of archiving the system namespace extattrs instead has been
brought up. Based on my limited understanding the system extattrs aren't
supposed to be accessed that way, which is why the patch doesn't do that.
It would however bypass some of the issues the current solution needs to
deal with.

Priit.