Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:09:30 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Elegant solution to local kernel modification sought

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 09:54:03AM +0100, Cliff Sarginson wrote:
> Hello,
> I submitted a PR a while back for a small change to a kernel module that has
> not yet surfaced in Stable .. that's ok, I am not complaining about
> that.. but since I track STABLE, what is the easiest way to
> automatically infiltrate my change (I am looking for a generic kind
> of answer) when I cvsup (which I do once a week).
>
> In this case, it is not such a big deal, since it is only 2 lines !
> But I would like to know for reference how this can be dealt with
> elegantly.

Use cvsup to get a local copy of the whole repository, and then use cvs
to update your sources from your local repository.
Cvs knows how to deal with local modifications to the source.

This is the way most of the developers do it.  It requires a bit more
disk space for the repository but gives you a lot more flexibility.

(The whole repository is currently ~1.3GB.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson