Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 09:52:50 -0400
From:      "Michel Adamus" <madamus@connectalk.com>
To:        jbrice@earthlink.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation

When the installation process starts, it goes rather fast, but as it
progresses, it slows down considerably.  When I got to the part that says
it's installing the "ports" collection, I let it run for over 3 hours, but
it never completed the installation.  Finally, I terminated the
installation because I felt that it was taking too long.  Approximatly how
long does it take to install
FreeBSD?  Could this lengthly install time be there result of a
misconfiguration of hardware?
John Rice
1. Once the installation starts, go and look at the messages to see what is
going on (ALT-F2 or ALT-F3, I can't remember, one will give you a shell and
the other will show you messages).
2. The time of installation will take some time but not 3 hours. Unless you
have a 1 x cdrom, probably not. look at your logs.

Good luck.

-A.