Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 06:42:57 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vx driver patch

>On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Peter Wemm wrote:
>> Do you want to know what is even funnier?  One of my onboard ahc *PCI*
>> controllers (7895 based I think) also responds to the EISA probes if I
>> enable EISA.
>
>What machine and what does the output from the probe/attach look like?

You'll fail the attach because the ID is not in the table of known
EISA IDs.  Joerg can probably give additional examples of this problem.
This is one reason we don't probe all 15 slots yet.  If we reserved
the address space properly before doing the probe and also only
performed the probe if the mainboard ID is valid, this wouldn't be
an issue any longer.

--
Justin