Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 13:24:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Chris J. Layne" <coredump@nervosa.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "David A. Hauan" <dah@mail.imm.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: custom

On Mon, 20 May 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> fixed in more recent -currents.  I see no reason you should not be
> able to invoke it and use it to extract the src distribution.  The
> individual steps are quite straight-forward (and well documented).
> 					Jordan

Speaking of sysinstall, it was out to get me the other day :-) You said
that when you bring the drives into the label editor, and adjust their
mount points, the individual partitions are mounted. Well yes that
happenes, I verified it by running mount from the holographic shell on
ttyv3. My 2.2-960501-SNAP dir exists on /dev/wd1s1e and was mounted as
/usr/home. For the life of me, after setting the media type to ufs and
the dir to /mnt/usr/home, /mnt/usr/home/2.2-960501-SNAP, /usr/home,
/usr/home/2.2-960501-SNAP, all at different times of course, sysinstall
could not find it's required files. I had high debugging output on, and I
would see bin/bin.aa, failed, etc. Now if the drive is mounted as
/mnt/usr/home, than shouldn't a request for (when my media is ufs and dir
/mnt/usr/home/2.2-960501-SNAP) bin/bin.aa work? I promise I wasn't
smoking anything while doing this, I tried everything, even the upgrade
option, and I had to settle with cat
/mnt/usr/home/2.2-960501-SNAP/bin/bin.?? | gzip -cd | cpio -idmv :( While
it worked, it was a pain in the ass.

== Chris Layne ======================================== Nervosa Computing ==
== coredump@nervosa.com ================ http://www.nervosa.com/~coredump ==