Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 17:56:24
From:      "Mack Lobell" <macklobell@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

Hi all,

i'm having trouble configuring my PCI 338-A3D sound card from Aureal. I have
Win98 and FreeBSD 4.2 RELEASE installed. The card works fine under Win98.

When i boot the card is found:
found->	vendor=0x12eb, dev=0x0001, revid=0x02
	class=04-01-00, hdrtype=0x00, mfdev=0
	subordinatebus=0 	secondarybus=0
	intpin=a, irq=9
	map[10]: type 1, range 32, base effe0000, size 17
	map[14]: type 1, range 32, base 0000d800, size  3
	map[18]: type 1, range 32, base 0000d400, size  3

When looking in the configuration settings under win98 i found the following
for audio:

PCI 338-A3D Audio
IRQ 9
IO: 0xD800-0xD807 0xD400-0xD407

PCI 338-A3D Gameport interface
IO: 0x201

PCI 338-A3D MPU-401 interface
IO: 0x330-0x33F

PCI 338-A3D Sound blaster emulation
IRQ 5
DMA: 1 and 3
IO: 0x220-0x22F 0x388-0x38B

Some techical specifications from the sound card manual:

Sound Blaster 2.0 and Sound Blaster Pro II compliant.
AdLib compliant.
General MIDI compliant.
Roland MPU401 UART compliant.
PCI Bus Specification Rev 2.1 compliant.
PCI Bus Power Management Interface Specification Rev 1.0 compliant.
Audio Codec '97 compliant.

I have tried several kernel configurations with device pcm, device pcm0 at
isa?..., but with no luck.

The card is found with IRQ9, but the SB emulation has IRQ5 with DMA at 1 and
3, how do i connect those (do i need to?)?

My guess is that i have to make a magic line with "device pcm something" in
my kernel config, and thats what i need help with.

Best regards.