Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:46:20 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD Documenters <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Help needed converting "The Complete FreeBSD" to docbook

It's looking more and more likely that O'Reilly will *finally* agree
to publish "The Complete FreeBSD".  I've been trying to convince them
to do so for several years, but finally they have seen the light.

Some of you will be aware that I was already writing a BSD book for
O'Reilly.  This was not the same book, and is currently on hold as a
result of these developments.

The biggest problem I see at the moment is that they insist that the
sources be in DocBook format; currently they're in troff, using a
number of custom macros.  I've had experience converting from one to
the other, and it's not something that I have time for now.  So I'd
like to ask for help in doing so.  I'm prepared to pay if necessary,
but it needs to be done quickly; possibly a combined effort of several
people converting different chapters would be one possibility.  The
resultant code should validate and format under O'Reilly's gmat
formatting klud^H^H^H^Htool, available in the Ports Collection in
textproc/gmat.

Anybody interested?

Greg