Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:34:40 -0400
From:      Damian Gerow <damian@sentex.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI problems with this morning's -CURRENT

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

Thus spake Nate Lawson (nate@root.org) [13/09/03 14:42]:
> The post you reference shows the user with a kernel that has both APM and
> ACPI installed, apparently.  This is not valid.
>
> Please report your kernel config.  If GENERIC in 2003/9/6 booted fine with
> ACPI and then your rebuilt kernel from 2003/9/7 fails, it is almost
> certainly the devices you included.  There were no ACPI-related commits in
> that timeframe.

It's attached.  There's no APM in there.  I did some more testing -- GENERIC
works for the -CURRENT date I stated before, and 5.1-R.  As soon as I
compile my own kernel, it breaks.

I'm working on compiling this with debugging, so I can take a closer look at
what's going on.

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

ident		pandora
machine		i386
cpu		I686_CPU
maxusers	0

options 	INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE
#options 	CPU_WT_ALLOC
options 	MAXMEM=(512*1024)
options 	DEVICE_POLLING
options 	HZ=1000

device		isa
device		pci
device		agp
device		speaker
device		random
device		pty
device		md
device		npx

device		sio
options 	CONSPEED=115200

options 	GEOM_BDE
options 	GEOM_BSD
options 	GEOM_VOL

options		SCHED_4BSD

options 	COMPAT_43
options 	COMPAT_FREEBSD4

options 	SYSVSHM
options 	SYSVSEM
options 	SYSVMSG

options 	INET
options 	INET6
options 	IPSEC
options 	IPSEC_ESP

device		ether
device		loop
device		bpf
device		disc

device		gif
device		faith
device		stf

options 	IPFILTER
options 	IPFILTER_LOG
options 	IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK
options 	PFIL_HOOKS

options 	RANDOM_IP_ID
options 	ACCEPT_FILTER_DATA
options 	ACCEPT_FILTER_HTTP
options 	TCP_DROP_SYNFIN

options 	FFS
options 	NFSCLIENT
options 	NFSSERVER

options 	PROCFS
options 	PSEUDOFS
options 	SOFTUPDATES
options 	UFS_DIRHASH
options 	UFS_EXTATTR
options 	UFS_EXTATTR_AUTOSTART
options 	UFS_ACL

options 	_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options		P1003_1B_SEMAPHORES

#options 	MAC
#options 	MAC_BSDEXTENDED
#options 	MAC_SEEOTHERUIDS

# These are worth looking into, but require configuration
#options 	MAC_BIBA
#options 	MAC_LOMAC
#options 	MAC_MLS

# These two are also worth looking at, and take less configuration
#options 	MAC_PARTITION
#options 	MAC_PORTACL

device		atkbdc
device		atkbd
options 	KBD_INSTALL_CDEV

device		vga
options 	VGA_ALT_SEQACCESS
device		splash
device		sc
#device		daemon_saver
#device		fade_saver
device		fire_saver
#device		green_saver
#device		logo_saver
#device		rain_saver
#device		star_saver
#device		warp_saver

device		ata
device		atadisk

device		miibus
device		fxp

device		smbus
device		ichsmb
device		smb
device		iicbus
device		iicbb
device		iicsmb

#device		crypto		# core crypto support
#device		cryptodev	# /dev/crypto for access to h/w
#
#device		rndtest		# FIPS 140-2 entropy tester
#
#device		hifn		# Hifn 7951, 7781, etc.
#options		HIFN_DEBUG	# enable debugging support: hw.hifn.debug
#options		HIFN_RNDTEST	# enable rndtest support
#
#device		ubsec		# Broadcom 5501, 5601, 58xx
#options		UBSEC_DEBUG	# enable debugging support: hw.ubsec.debug
#options		UBSEC_RNDTEST	# enable rndtest support

--huq684BweRXVnRxX--