Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 1996 10:16:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeremy Sigmon <jsigmon@www.hsc.wvu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.x release question

> I generally agree with your approach. However I would suggest that not
> 2.1.5, but 2.1.x is the appropriate one for production. IMHO, we need to
> continue to provide some support for it until what would by current
> practice be called 2.2.5 comes out.
>
> I also think that it would improve our image if we would call THAT release
> 2.2.0 and have a formal PRE_RELEASE that we call 2.2 Beta.

Is there any sort of criteria set for what has to be done to -current
before it can be released?  All I have seen is ambiguous dates like
Feb'97 and such or my personal favorite, "When its Done".
I am a firm believer in the "When its Done" software releasing scheme,
but is there a set criteria to mark "When its Done"?

Thanks
Jeremy