Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:54:49 +1100 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        Derek William Maxwell <maxwellw@ComCAT.COM>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Matrox Millenium with X11R6

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Derek William Maxwell wrote:

> I would like to know how to use X11R6 with my Matrox MGA Millenium.
>
> Derek William Maxwell
> maxwellw@ix.comcat.com

from the XFree86 online documentation for release 3.2:

1 Supported hardware

Contents of this section

The current MGA driver in the SVGA server supports the Matrox Millennium
(MGA2064W) with Ti3026 RAMDAC. It has been tested with 175 and 220MHz
cards with 2 and
4MB WRAM.

NOTE: This driver is pretty new, and not everything works like you expect
it to. It shouldn't crash your machine, but you may have video artifacts
or missing lines. Please
report any and all problems to XFree86@Xfree86.org using the appropriate
bug report sheet.

There will be updated drivers in the coming XFree86 beta releases.

The basic answer is use XFree86-3.2 or I believe the AcceleratedX server
from Xinside supports Matrox cards as well.

Cheers,
Carey

| Carey Nairn                     | email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au |
| Infrastructure Services         | phone : (03) 6226 7419              |
| Information Technology Services | fax   : (03) 6226 7898              |
| University of Tasmania.         | int'l : (+61 3)                     |