Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:37:31 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        "Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat@peak.org>
Cc:        FBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Read/write access to NTFS partition (2nd try)

"Timothy J. Luoma" wrote:

> ((Sorry about that empty message.... hit the wrong key.))
>
> I found information about an NTFS driver for 3.x and 2.x, but not for 4.x
>
> Can I have a NTFS partition that is common (i.e. read and write access) to
> Win2k and FreeBSD 4.3?

Not that I am aware. What I do is have a 4-6 GB c: drive that is Fat32 and
no OS in that partition. W2K doesn't care were you boot from and FreeBSD
doesn't care about cylinder 1024. So you have many choices. FreeBSD will
mount Fat32 rw. A side effect is that some of the viruses try to delete your
/windows partion on the c: drive. I have my own naming scheme for my windows
directory.

Kent

> TjL

Kent Stewart