Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2007 22:24:02 +0200
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        net@FreeBSD.org,  silby@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   localhost connections showing source address 0.0.0.0

Going back at least as far as January 2007 some of the package build
machines have occasionally experienced a problem where a fetch(1) via a
localhost:3128 squid proxy are denied because squid sees the connection
as having a source address of 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1.  I thought
this had stopped but it turns out it was just masked by all the other
TCP issues and was still persisting at a low rate (only ~300 occurrences
on the machine I checked since January).

Can anyone work out how this is happening, or give suggestions on how to
debug this further?

Kris