Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 14:05:28 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: latest popper fails to build.

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Gary Chrysler wrote:

>This is only a guess, I really don't know!

Neither do I. Any suggestions appreciated.

>But it seems that you need to add a user named ``pop`` to your
>system for popper to run as..

I did create a user pop, with group number set to noone, and groupid
set to nogroup. However that didn't work. I then did a adduser and set
it's shell to nonexistant. It installed after that.

Why does it require a user though ? The previous version didn't, and
as far as I am concerned, it's a security hole/violation to have
a user you don't (really) need.

>At least thats what I would try with that error!

it is pretty logical.

>But I would also think that it would/could add it's own.

Or say "please create a user with group id so and so" or something
to that effect.

Regards,
Khetan Gajjar.

---