Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:02:11 +0000
From:      Mark Drayton <mark.drayton@4thwave.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPV6/UDP snmp problem

Hi all

I've just build ucd-snmp (4.2) from ports on my 4.3-BETA machine. It's
compiled and installed okay, but when I use:

snmpwalk localhost public .1 | less

I get the usual SNMP MIBs but it's getting stuck with the UDP/IPV6
section. I'm just getting a never-ending stream of this same line:

udp.ipv6UdpTable.ipv6UdpEntry.ipv6UdpLocalAddress.'................'.514.0= 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0

This goes on and on until I kill snmpwalk. It also happens with snmpwalk
4.12 from my RH box.

I'm having no other SNMP problems that I can see -- I can pull out load
average values, octets transferred etc.

I don't need IPV6 support, so a solution would be to not build IPV6
support into ucd-snmp but I can't find out how to do this. I've tried
appending "--disable-ipv6", "--enable-ipv6=NO" and various other options
to CONFIGURE_ARGS with no joy. I'm still finding my way around the ports
so can anyone shed any light on this? Where do I look for "knobs to
tweak" when building ports?

uname -a:

FreeBSD nyx.valhalla.net 4.3-BETA FreeBSD 4.3-BETA #0: Sun Mar 18
21:47:42 GMT 2001     root@nyx.valhalla.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NYX
i386

Cheers,

--